Skip to main content

Magento : Password encryption for customer data import

I had to transfer k-ecommerce customer data to magento. I created csv file according to magento customer data upload csv that I got from data profile -> export customer profile.

But there was a problem to encrypt password to match with magento. I googled and found this. I will share with others for their reference. Thanks Edward

// Change the paths according to your environment
require_once 'app/Mage.php';

umask(0);

$app = Mage::app('default');

// Instantiate the core encryption model
$obj = Mage::getModel('core/encryption');

// Instantiate the core helper
$helper = Mage::helper('core');

//Set the encryptions helper
$obj->setHelper($helper);

// Get the password's hash
$enc_pwd = $obj->getHash($pwd, 2);

// To validate password, use this. It will return 1 if it is correct
echo $obj->validateHash($pwd, $enc_pwd);

Comments